Wednesday, December 8, 2010

In a Panic


I think Chloe has been missing Anthony a lot so she keeps getting herself into trouble.

Anthony has been working 2 jobs the last 3 months. One is still at RC Willeys and the other is at the Sleep Institute of Utah where he is working as a rep in the Salt Lake Tooele area. He is doing both right now until the end of the year then he will be full-time at the Sleep Institute and will quit RC Willeys. So he has been working from 9 am to 9 pm everyday and usually leaves at 8 to get to Salt Lake.

Chloe and I both miss him, but she has tried to choke on a bone and run away to get his attention. I had to perform the doggy heimlich maneuver to save her. I called Anthony because I didn't know what to do she started choking on one of those dinky Dingo bones and she just plopped over. Luckily I was there because he didn't know what to do.

Then the other night I had gone Christmas shopping and grocery shopping. It was raining when I was bringing all the bags in, so I propped open our back door and had the car in the garage so I could leave the trunk open and not get everything all wet (our garage is not attached to our house). I brought in all the groceries, put them away, and started making dinner before I realized "where the heck is Chloe." Whenever there is human food she is bound to be right at your feet. I started calling her name and looked in all of her usual sleeping spots, but I could not find her. Then I went outside thinking maybe she is out in the yard. I had shut the gate so I thought maybe she was just chilling outside in the chilly air. When she wasn't out there I started to panic

The last time I had seen her was when she was following me in and out of the house bringing in all the goods. I slipped Anthony's shoes on (only thing by the door), grabbed a flash light, and started walking up and down the street yelling her name. After I made it all the way to the end and saw no sign of her I called Anthony. If you ask him he will say I was emotional when he talked to me. Well, yeah I was, but I was not crying. I was just worried my little girl was outside with cars that go way to fast up and down the street. It was about 8:00 so he left work and came home.

As I was walking home I said a little prayer and immediately had the urge to look in my garage. I kind of thought it was silly, since I was sure she would have barked if she heard me call her name that many times. I had a really strong feeling to look there though, and I thought if anything I could get my car out and drive around to look for her. Sure enough though, when I opened the garage door out bolted this fury four legged creature. She was so happy to see me and just as I found her Anthony pulled in after me and she was even happier to see him.

2 comments:

Craig and Aly said...

Scary! I'm sure Anthony was a little emotional too at the thought of his baby girl being lost! Don't feel bad Brielle favors Craig over me...

Zanny said...

Woah, that is so scary! There's nothing like the fear in losing our little pets! Soooo glad you found her!