Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not mad just bugged

So I took two sweaters to the dry cleaners last Thursday. I don't normally take my clothes to have someone else wash them, but one of the sweaters is 100% cashmere, and I know I don't trust myself with that. Heck, I was ironing a shirt the other day, and it had writing on it. So I flipped it inside out. Around the top was just a tiny piece of velvet, you know the kind of decoration you only get to see, because its inside your shirt. Well here I am ironing away and all of a sudden my iron starts sticking to the shirt and sizzling. My first thought was, stupid iron, you have never been the same since Anthony dropped you. On closer inspection I noticed that I had sizzled the velvet. Oh well it was inside the shirt right. Wrong. That thing gave me a rash from rubbing my neck all day long. So after that little experience and others I won't mention, I decided to take my sweaters to the dry cleaner. The other sweater I took in was just a normal cream colored sweater that probably cost me $20. I like this sweater though. I wore it when I was in California with a pair of really dark denim. I had never washed the pants before and its that kind of dark denim you have to wash by itself before you trust it to wash with your other clothes. So when I was in California I wore the sweater and the pants together. The sweater is one that covers my bootay. So of course the pants turned the inside of the sweater a light denim blue. No big deal right. Well the tag on the sweater said "hand wash and lay flat to dry". Yeah right me hand wash uh uh no way. So to make this long story longer I took it to the dry cleaner and when I picked it up the buttons were melted and attached with a safety pin in a ziploc baggy. I called them right away when I noticed my buttons were gonners. The lady said you didn't specify. I'm just going to throw this question out. Don't you think if you are going to pay money, to have something washed, you would expect the dry cleaner to read the tag? I should mention they also dried it, which its a lay flat to dry item. It does look a tad smaller, but that could be my imagination, but I'm to scared to try it on. They told me they would sew new buttons on for a $1 each. Right, I may not want to wash my own clothes, but I can sew on a button. 

On a more happier note.... By the way I will get over this dry cleaning thing give me a couple of hours and maybe some new buttons. Back to the happier note. Anthony and I went to Park City over the weekend. It was fun to get away even if it wasn't very far. The drive up there was pretty it was snowing and everything around us was covered in white. I thought the drive would be scary, but honestly it wasn't to bad. I just recently ordered the Twilight audiobook. Anthony and I saw the movie together and he keeps asking questions about it. I know there is no way I could actually get him to read the book so I was sneaky and got the cds. He wont admit it, but he likes it. I have caught him rolling his eyes a few times, but that is probably for the same reason I have too. Because he just wants Edward to kiss Bella already and he hasn't done it yet. Okay maybe its not for the same reasons, but a nice thought though. When we were in Park City we stayed at the WestGate resort. It is by the Canyons ski resort. We had to listen to a 90 minute spill about owning a time share with them (which we didn't buy). It was worth it though, our room was perfect. We were upgraded so we had a room that could sleep 6 people. There was a kitchenette that was hooked to the tv area which had a nice fireplace. The bedroom was huge with a huge bed. It also had a two seater tub. I took two baths up there, I normally don't take baths, but since I could swim laps in it I enjoyed it :)  The bathroom was really amazing too. The shower was also another of my favorite. Mounted in the top of it was a HUGE shower head that felt like it was raining on you. There was also a thing called Mr. Steam and you just turned up or lowered the heat on it and it steamed while you showered. So cool. We didn't do a ton of stuff while we were there just the usual. We went to Main street and to the outlets. We went out to dinner twice. That is one of my favorite things to do is try new restaurants. The first night we were there our friends Brett and Kristine came up and that is when we tried an Italian restaurant. It was very expensive, but quite tasty. They didn't spend the night though, because they had to get so they could teach their primary class the next day. My brother and a girl (I don't know what she is, just a girl named Jessica) came up on Sunday night and spent the night we went out to dinner with them and watched a movie in our hotel room. All in all it was a fun weekend. I want to go back up and go tubing. I had my heart set on it, but it just isn't fun when your coming down the mountain and your being pelted with snowflakes. I have one picture of us in Park City, but I can't find my camera cord. The batteries died while we were up there and when I got new batteries for it I left the camera in the room. Genius oh well. What is done is done. 

3 comments:

Zanny said...

You're so cute! I love Park City and I'm so glad you guys got to go. Jerald and I want to go up really soon. Did I mention you're cute?

Wity B said...

Any blog that mentions your bootay is ok with me! :) we had a blast with you guys that night, to bad it went by so fast, you'll have to send me the picture of Kris and I!

Craig and Aly said...

CONFESSION: I have never taken one thing to a dry cleaner. No not even my wedding dress but I think its about time I do. However now I am a little nervous! I'm happy you guys got a little break to Park City! How was your Christmas party? I can't wait to see you!