Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas has come and gone again

Christmas is always such a fun time of the year. I really enjoy it and being with family. I'm sad to say I don't have any Christmas pictures to put up and share. Sad story, Anthnoy's camera (our good one) stopped working. The screen went all fuzzy. I had my camera which was a Wal-Mart special, but somewhere in the midst of all the Christmas fun I lost my SD card. 

I'll start at the beginning which would be Christmas Eve. That night we went over to Anthony's parents and had dinner. There was Dad Simon's famous bean dip, soups, cheese and crackers, crab, really yummy chocolate balls, and some sugary chex mix. We hung out and opened Christmas presents. My favorite part was when Anthony and I gave Summer her gift. It was a (fake) diamond necklace. She opened it up and said I quote "oh my word", only in her cute Summer voice. We all thought it was so cute and funny that she looked around at all of us with her big brown eyes and started crying, because she thought we were making fun of her. It was so sweet though. 

We then headed over to my Grandma Mayberry's house to go to my family Christmas Party. It's a tradition that we always bring a white elephant gift and play the left/ right game. I ended up with a box of orange sticks that had movie gift certificates attached to it. Anthony ended up with some kind of tool. 

~Christmas Day~ 
Christmas morning we were at my mom's house. I like having my little brother around (he is 11) he is still young enough that he wakes up at 5 in the morning to open up Christmas presents. Thank goodness I didn't have to I am not a morning person. My main gift was from my mom. She bought me a Cricuit Expression. Its really nice I can cut out all kinds of scrapbooking things with it now. I just ordered 4 cartridges today for it so it will be even more fun when I get all my new fonts and shapes. Anthony spoiled me and bought me a new pair of pants, 3 shirts, nano ipod , ihome (in pink), 3 dvds, new pjs, & new boots. Technically my mac laptop was my Christmas present also, but I got that in October. Anthony's parents were very generous and gave us some fun money, Christmas decorations, and a few fun odds and ends. My dad gave me money for a new printer, which I bought yesterday. It is a Canon MP980. I'm in love with it, my favorite thing about it is its wireless. He also gave me my holiday Barbie. I have gotten one every year since 1989. This is a picture of this years. 
holiday08.gif
I don't take them out of the box. They are collectors. I went on ebay once to look up at how much it would be to get the 1988 holiday barbie. She is the only one I am missing. I had good luck with finding her, but she is worth $500. 

When we were at my dad's house on Christmas it started to snow soooo bad. The news said the wind was reaching 90 mph speeds and it was snowy and foggy. We ended up having to spend the night because the roads were so bad. The next morning we were up bright and early in order to get home so Anthony could get ready to go to work. The roads were a little slick when we were driving, but not horrible. When we got home I went to pull in the driveway and barely made my nose in before I got stuck. So here is me and Anthony outside at 8:00 am trying to un-dig my car. Of course when I get my car stuck its not just a little stuck its mucho grande stuck! I think my car is invincible and it should drive like a truck through a snow bank:)  I think my neighbor felt sorry for us and he came running out in his University of Utah pajama pants with his pants tucked into his snow boots. I would feel sorry for us to if I was watching from a distance. Anthony and I were both in our pjs Anthony is wearing his cowboy boots because he couldn't find his snow boots (side note: I found his snowboots later that day. They were on his desk that he thinks is his second closet(which drives me bonkers) underneath a pile of clothes, no wonder he couldn't find them. I wouldn't be able to find anything on that disaster either). I wished I had a camera at that moment though. He looked like such a hill billy it was giving me the giggles. We ended up getting my car out after about a 1/2 hour of digging and pushing. Our snowblower was broken (my dad just fixed it, thanks dad) so we had to shovel the rest of the driveway that morning so we could get Anthony's car out of the garage and get him on his way to work. I don't care what anyone says shoveling is the pits. It is hard work. I was kicking myself this weekend. I shoveled the main part of the driveway while Anthony cleaned out the part where the road and driveway meets, so I wouldn't get stuck anymore. After I finished shoveling I did a boot camp class at the gym. When I woke up Saturday I could hardly move. My abs were sore, my back was big time sore, and my upper buns and my shoulders. I know wah wah wah and a little violin, but hey its my blog I'll whine if I want to. 

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas like I did.

1 comment:

Zanny said...

I know! Wasn't it the cutest when Summer said, "Oh my word?!" I'll never forget that! She was so thrilled with that necklace. You knew JUST what she'd like! Thanks for the game too. You guys are great!