Saturday, March 14, 2009

Baja California Mexico Cruise

Anthony and I just returned from our cruise. It was a ton of fun and it was nice to take a break from everyday life. We left Monday March 9th early in the morning just as it was starting to snow here in Utah :)  It was fabulous. Our room was on the butt of the boat, but we had a big window that we could see out of. 

Okay so we left Utah and headed to Los Angeles where we caught our ride that took us to the Long Beach port. We boarded the boat and started our first day of non-stop eating. For those of you who have never been on a cruise just know that you can eat and eat and eat and then eat some more because everything is sooo scrumptious and free. I'm pretty sure Anthony and I each gained 5 lbs. or more. 

Our first stop was Catalina Island. It was so pretty. We signed up to whale watch. Right now they are mating and migrating. We took a small raft that held 13 people, sadly we drove around for 2 hours looking for whales, but the only thing we saw was dolphins. They weren't the normal kind of dolphins, they are big like an orca whale and there not friendly like the bottle nosed dolphins. We also saw a seal.

The next day we arrived in Ensenada, Mexico. We didn't sign up for any excursions we just figured we would walk around and go shopping. Ensenada is below Tijuana so I kind of expected that same type of city. There were shuttles that you could take to the city when you got off the boat for $3. We took the shuttle and on the way the shuttle driver talked us into taking another shuttle that would take us to the city of La Bufadora to see the blow hole. There was also shopping up there. I hate that kind of shopping all the people there are trying to get you to come in their shop and its constant bartering. I hate it. 

Thursday was sea day. There was so many people from ASU on spring break, which means a bunch of slutty dressed girls that are so drunk they barely know their own name, but they provided a lot of entertainment. Besides that we saw a lot of shows, ate some more (24 hour ice cream), I gambled a bit... okay okay I'm an addict. Anthony ended up cutting me off. On Friday we had to go home :(   but of course we had one last meal there and shoved our faces full of food from the breakfast buffet. We ended up getting to the airport at 10 a.m. This is bad planning on my part. Anthony and I both have been on cruises before and the last ones we have been on it took forever to go through customs and get off the boat. Unfortunately I booked the plane tickets for 7:25 p.m. that night. So we sat at the airport the whole time. Anthony wasn't feeling very good. I kept getting after him when we were on the boat for touching every hand rail. They weren't stair hand rails, but the ones that are lining the hall, in the elevator, and so on. So of course he got a cold the last day. Since Anthony didn't feel good that meant we sat in the airport from 10 am to 7:25 pm. We could have paid $100 extra and changed our flight, but Anthony's favorite farm animal is a chick. They sound a lot a like cheap cheap cheap. Ha ha just kidding I like that he is like that, it would be bad news if we were both spenders. 

The trip was so much fun and I can't wait to go on another cruise. Its a great way to see a lot of places and not have to pack re-pack and you always know where your going to eat and sleep. One day I would like to do a cruise the Mediterranean cruise or a Europe one. I have all our pictures posted online you can click here if you want to see all of them.

Catalina Island-- they park the boat off shore and you take a smaller boat to the island
this is Anthony and I on the shuttle boat
Safety drill
Catalina Island was really pretty. Fact: it is owned by Wrigley, you know Wrigley gum
Were half awake. This is Anthony and I at the airport in Utah waiting to leave. We were so excited that we laid in bed the night before just talking and giggling. We were like two kids going to Disneyland
Here is the dolphins we saw





3 comments:

Kristy said...

those are adorable pictures. I have always wanted to go on a cruise, maybe someday. Glad you mad it back safe and sound.

Zanny said...

Fun! I felt like I was there! I'm so glad you guys had fun. Also, I hope Anthony feels better soon - he felt pretty gross tonight, huh?

Craig and Aly said...

Simply jealous!!!