Friday, March 27, 2009

Zesty Minestrone Soup

Isn't it great when your a kid and you came home at night and your mom made dinner? Well in my case it was usually my step-dad, and I think I have consumed more steak and potatoes than a person should. Well the crock pot is the closest thing that I have found, that can take the spot of coming home and having a home cooked meal ready. One of my favorites to make is Minestrone soup. I found my Minestrone recipe off of a PETA website. For those of you who don't know what PETA stands for ...... People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.....I'm not a vegetarian or anything I just happened to read a book awhile ago called, Skinny Bi*c* (you get the picture) horrible name, but it had some interesting stuff, and it said to go to the website to find recipes. I was all for it because I love to eat meat, but oh man I sure hate to cook it!!!!!!! Anyway less about me and more about the recipe. 

Zesty Minestrone Soup
  • 1/4 cup italian salad dressing
  • 1 cup chopped onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery (about one stalk)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1 can (19 oz) canneli beans or butter beans (I use both)
  • 2 cans vegetable broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp. italian seasoning
  • 1 1/2 cup small shell macaroni
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  1. Heat dressing in a  large non-stick skillet on medium heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Cook 2 minutes, or until crisp tender stirring occasionally. Spoon into slow cooker. Add tomatoes, beans, broth, water, and italian seasonings. Stir and cover with lid.
  2. Cook on low for about 6 hours or high for 3 hours
  3. Stir in macaroni. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Then eat and enjoy!
~Serve with crusty bread and a garden salad~







1 comment:

Wity B said...

MMMM sounds yummy, lets forgo me cooking and you can just make us some!!