Thursday, March 5, 2009

A bit of randomness

So I find myself writing blogs in my head all the time. Like today for instance. I was ironing a pair of pants for work tomorrow and my mind started wandering, but its not just going from thought to thought, well it was, but I was narrating my thoughts as if I was writing a blog. It's to bad that those thoughts couldn't instantly go into a blog for me. I was thinking some good stuff if I do say so myself, but now that I have time to sit down and type them up I can't recall what I was thinking. Sadly this happens a lot. I have grand ideas when I am in the shower, while doing my hair, while doing other bathroom things ( I know TMI... I couldn't resist though) while I'm in my math class, and so on. 

Today I have been packing for our vacation. I was excited before, but now I'm getting more excited, because Anthony is starting to show some enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong he wanted to go, but he was just a bit apprehensive in the beginning. Now that he is realized its going to snow next week and that he doesn't have to work he is more excited to go. Plus I have made all the arrangements so all he has to do is pack. (No Anthony I am not packing for you)

I don't understand that boy sometimes. Guys say girls are hard to figure out, but I think guys are just as hard. For example the other day I picked up a flyer at the gym to run a 5K. I took the flyer home and filled it out then stuck it on the fridge hoping Anthony would want to do it with me. When I asked him about it he said he didn't think he could do it. I told him it was only 3 miles then I handed him the flyer. The first thing he noticed was its $10 to participate. He told me I couldn't do it because we should save money. That was on Monday night now its Thursday and I came home with a new idea. I saw a sign for a Swim Clinic at the gym. I talked to the gal at the desk and she said that it helps improve swim technique. I have always wanted to be better at swimming, there is only so much doggy paddling a girl can do. So I came home and told Anthony about it. I was pretty sure he was going to nip the idea in the butt as soon as I spoke. Surprisingly, he was all for me taking this class. Oh did I mention this class is $30. Is this confusing to anyone else???? No to running a 5K for $10 but yes to a swim clinic for $30.  So long story short does anyone want to come to a swim clinic with me? Its on March 14th from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.. at the Downtown Gold's Gym. You won't get a free t-shirt like the 5K, but your sure to get a work out and a chlorinated smelling body and hair. 

When I was done washing my face tonight I used a sample of a moisturizer that I got from work. It was absolutely delightful. It was so silky smooth that I just couldn't get enough of it. This gave me an idea (this happened in the bathroom, I tell you this is where all my great thoughts take place) I want to start blogging about the things I like. I will call it ..... Soft Spot Saturday or something like that. 

So this week I witnessed a murder that happened in my backyard. Its a sad story. Monday I went to school and then to the gym to come home and find a half shaved tree. The church that is my backyard neighbor decided that it didn't like where their old shed was located. So they tore down all the trees and are going to build the shed closer to my backyard. So here is a tribute to the ginormous pine tree that used to be in my backyard. It will forever be missed not only by me and Anthony for the privacy that it offered, but by the many squirrels that ran around and lived in it. 

Here is some random pictures that had the tree in the background. Look at it in its unruly glory.

Here is the sad pictures. The one on top I took through the back door that has a screen on it. If you look real close you will see a man in the tree. That's why I took it through the back door I wanted to be sneaky, and I for sure didn't want him to think I was taking pictures of him. 
I had one of the construction workers come over today and apologize for leaving pieces of the broken tree in my yard (the remains had been sitting there for 2 days). 




4 comments:

AE Simon said...

Wow I use the word "so" a lot in this blog. I just can't control it. Sorry

Craig and Aly said...

SOOO! I am so jealous that in just a few days you will be eating marvelous food, soaking up sunshine and enjoying gorgeous scenery! Jealous I tell you! Good luck in your swimming class. Remember when you came to visit me in CO and Craig tried to teach us some swimming techniques. We were horrible! (It's just that I can't breathe under water:))
Oh you should do "Soft spot Sat"!!!

Kristy said...

I want to go! I am the same way when it comes to writing blogs in my head when I am doing random things. I was laughing as I read it because I was like that is so me. And I completly agree with you about how men are really confusing about things. Have fun on your cruise, I can't wait to see pictures!

Jeani said...

You are such a cutie! I loved reading all your wisdom and insight.:) I could picture you coming up with great blogging comments in your bathroom! Great job! You actually got them down on paper. (As for me they disappear the minute the vacuum goes off.)