Wednesday, September 16, 2009

3 year anniversary




Anthony and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary. I can't believe it, doesn't that seem like such a looong time :) ?

We decided to get away for the weekend and headed up to Park City. Our weekend went as follows....

Friday after we got off work: we went up through the Weber Canyon and past the Morgan exit to Taggart's Grill. It is one of my favorite restaurants. We don't go there too often because of the drive, but I highly recommend it. They have the best desserts and everything I have tried there is soooo good. We finished our drive after dinner all while listening to "New Moon". The "New Moon" part was all Anthony's idea. He won't read the books, but he doesn't mind listening to them in the car. Ha ha I'm probably going to get in trouble for this tid bit of information.

We stayed at the West Gate Resorts.

Saturday: We walked around the new part of Park City. Anthony bought me a cute card holder that is pink with white polk a dots (I'm very excited about that if you can't tell), We ate lunch at a fancy restaurant known as Quiznos, we got much needed massages at a day spa, we rode the alpine coaster, stopped at The Rocky MOuntain Chocolate Factory for a caramel apple drizzled with chocolate and I got a little crazy and ordered a $3 truffle. We also went swimming in the 4th floor "adult only pool" that included a waterfall, steam room, sauna, and hot tub. *side note on the pool* Have you ever noticed when your a kid you don't care who is in the pool? You just cannon ball yourself right on in and swim with whomever is already there. When your an adult you play the musical chair game. Anthony and I got in the hot tub just as an older couple was switching to the pool. We eventually moved to the pool, but made sure to stay on our half. The older couple ended up switching to the hot tub again. It was the same as the sauna and steam room. The doors were see through so people would check to see if others were in there and then wait till they left before they would go in. I think I would rather be a kid again and just cannon ball it.

After swimming with the old people we got ready and went out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I think it was called Baja Cantina. You would think I would remember the name since we ate there two nights in a row.

Joseph and Kalee our brother and sister-in-law ended up coming up and spending the night so we could all play the next day.

Sunday (our actual anniversary): We woke up and went back to the "adult pool only" and played musical pools once again. After our fill of chlorine we got ready and went to Ruby Tuesdays for some lunch. Kalee and I made a plan and we all stuck to it. We hit up the first half of the outlet malls and then took a break to head to Coldstone Ice Cream and then headed back to hit the rest of the outlets. Joseph and Kalee had never been to the Olympic Park so we drove up there and happened to catch some of the skiers practicing. Kalee had never been to the old main street of Park City so of course we had to introduce her to this important part of restaurants and shops. After a hardday of walking and shopping we ended up at the Baja Cantina for some much needed Mexican food. Just as you think we must have been all worn out we ended up putting on our swimsuits and headed back to the "adult only pool" to rest our toesies in the hot tub.

Half the pictures we took are on Joseph and Kalee's camera, but here are a couple.


This is what happens when you take boys shopping for to long. They start dressing up and doing Michael Jackson impersonations.


Kalee and I found this pretty moose. Notice we are kissing it on the side of the cheeks because it is a girl moose. I'm not quite sure why I'm looking off to the side. Must have been a better looking moose over there

We took a ride on the FREE trolley that goes up and down the old main street.

Joseph in his dead sprint with the Olympic Torch

Hey Hey look at me I'm driving a bob sled.


Monday: Kalee and Joseph had left Sunday night so Anthony and I got ready and packed up all of our stuff and headed home. Of course on the drive we picked up where we left off on "New Moon". We went home and unpacked said hello to Chloe and then went out to lunch at Red Robin. I really feel like I gained a couple of "L" "B"s this weekend. Chloe was a bit mad at us for leaving her for the long weekend, but she had a lot of fun staying with Krista. Thanks again for watching her Krista.



4 comments:

Kristy said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Abe and i are going up to Park City for our anniversary the first weekend in October. I am so excited to go. We have planed to do pretty much everything you guys did. (: Well maybe not the musical swimming, haha.

kaLee said...

Hey That was a super fun trip! lets do it again! :0)

Zanny said...

Oh, that all sounds so FUN! Happy anniversary, you guys! Don't you love Park City? It honestly feels like you're in Europe, huh?

Craig and Aly said...

Wow! I don't know why but when I read "3 year anniversary" I couldn't believe it has been that long! Where does time go??? Sounds like you had fun! Oh and you are looking as gorgeous as ever!