Thursday, June 18, 2009

Evidence

Okay Okay I will admit it. I am almost 23 years old and yes I still sleep with my baby blanket. Anthony calls it my "ethiopian" because it has been so manhandled. My blanket was actually my crib comforter when I was just a tot. My mom made it, and back then there wasn't the fancy 3D ultrasounds like they have now, she didn't even now what gender I was going to be so she picked mint green. 

Well my blanket has been with me through thick and thin. After a sewing class in junior high I decided I would help the poor thing out, but in the end only made it a bit worse. But that hasn't stopped me from sleeping with it every night. When Anthony and I first got married I asked my grandma if she would put a new back on it for me because Anthony was tired of finding chunks of batting in our bed. Well my grandma kept it for a good couple of months I was dying!!! When she finally returned it she asked me if she had succeeded in weening me off of it. I think it only made it worse :)

Well when Anthony and I were in Colorado I snapped a few pics of evidence of his love for my blanket also. Of course he would deny that he even touches "the ethiopian" but a ha you can't deny a picture. And the court rules.......
 he is a blanket lover!!!



3 comments:

Kristy said...

That is so funny. Abe has a blanket that he still sleeps with. And I absolutely love it. I try to steal it when ever I can there is something magical about baby blankets they take all the stress out of your life it is weird but true.

Zanny said...

Yes, I have a transvestite/cross dressing stuffed bunny named James that I got when I was six months old and slept with every night UNTIL I got married. Jerald said no to that idea of him sleeping with us. Now, James sits on a golden throne on the dresser in Summer's room. I miss him!

Craig and Aly said...

Ha ha ha! Too funny! I love that you have evidence now!