Sunday, June 7, 2009

UPDaTE

hmmm what to write about? Sometimes I find it hard to write posts because I don't feel like I have very exciting things going on. You know just the norm. I don't have any young chitlins to write about and I can only write so much about my dog before I start sounding like some kind of crazy person. Well here it goes...

Anthony and I went and saw the movie "UP" last night. It was very cute. If I was a movie crier I definitely would have shed a tear or two. Pixar made a very cute love story!

We have this nasty linoleum in our hallway and kitchen (bathroom too if you want to get technical) there is a little spot in our hallway that it is coming up. The other day I was walking past that spot and it caught my flip flop and made me trip. Well that just opened a whole big can of worms. After that little incident I ripped up that piece in the hallway and then started toward another spot in the kitchen. Anthony came home and I thought I was going to be in big trouble, but lucky enough he just laughed. I have a very patient husband fortunately or else we would both end up in the looney bin. Well next month we are planning on:
  • painting family room, kitchen, hallway
  • new carpet in family room and possibly computer room if we stay in budget
  • tile hallway and kitchen
  • new floor board in family room and moulding around ceiling
  • new couch -- I found two that I am in love with and can't decide
We have said for the last two years that we are going to do all of this stuff, but we keep putting it off. Well there is now no excuses especially since I just ripped up chunks of ugly linoleum. 





Anthony and I are getting ready to go for a quick trip to Vegas this weekend. We are leaving Saturday afternoon and returning Sunday evening. I wasn't lying when I said short, but we have to get back because Monday we are leaving for Denver Colorado. Anthony is such a good sport. We are going to Vegas for an Esthetic Conference. Anthony is graciously going to walk around with me and be surrounded by 1000s of women and gay men. Then my work is paying for me to go to Colorado for a SkinMedica workshop so we are leaving early Monday morning and are going to play in Denver all day. Then Tuesday is my workshop day and then we come home that night.

 I love to travel!!! I wish I could do it more often, but I will take any little trip I can get in the meantime. I think when I am old instead of putting Anthony and I in a retirement community well just sale our house and be full time cruisers. Just think of the possibilities. We would be able to go all over the place, have meals cooked for us, and have housekeeping daily. We would just jump from ship to ship. Then we could take breaks and go visit our kids and stay with them. I better implant the idea of the importance it is to always have a guest room in your house to my kids while they are young :)



2 comments:

kaLee said...

You are such a smart thinker!!! and i think its great you guys want to remodel! let us know if you guys want anyhelp! i love to paint!!!

:)

Kristy said...

Good luck remodeling. sounds like a fun project. I love your idea of retirement it is perfect I need to tell Abe that we need to do that.