Monday, August 16, 2010

Picking my Battles


All of us married folk know that when you get married its all about picking your battles. Before I say anymore I just want you all to know that I love my husband very very much and am so glad that he is such a hard worker that I am able to only work 2 days a week and go to school. He also helps out a lot and is a wonderful cook and makes most of our meals.

I use this blog as another journal, so I thought I would add this tid bit of our life, so one day down the road after I have kids and I look back at my life wondering what I ever did with my free time. I will have a typed account of it with pictures.

Well if your wondering what this gross looking picture is its a pizza pan that has been sitting in the sink for 3 days now. This is my battle. I let the one go that happened this morning and am still holding strong to this one.

Okay here is the background. Saturday I went out with a friend and had a girl's day. The night before Anthony, Joseph, and I all went out to Tony's pizza for dinner and we had half a pizza leftover. Anthony went fishing with Joseph Saturday morning and when he returned he re-heated the pizza in the oven and left the pan sitting on the stove with little crumbs everywhere.

We both got home Saturday night at the same time and I couldn't figure out where the pizza pan came from, because it didn't make sense that he re-heated it in the oven since it was already cooked. I normally just throw it in the microwave. I asked him why there was a pizza pan and he told me and then said he would clean it.

Sunday rolls around we went to church and had a great sacrament meeting. It was about keeping the home a sacred place and keeping it organized. Anthony thinks I'm a nut because if there is a pair of flip flops in the family room, and the blankets and pillows aren't straightened I think the house is dirty. The Sacrament meeting talked about how we should keep our houses organized and clean so life can run smoothly and the spirit can dwell there. I don't think the spirit would dwell in our house with flip flops in the middle of the floor and pillows and blankets and remotes floating around. Definitely wouldn't want to step foot in the kitchen with that pizza pan chillin in the sink.

So here is day 3 and I am not giving in :) Am i being childish absolutely!!! Ask me if I care, and you might not like the response.


No comments: