Monday, August 16, 2010

The Simons go camping

We went camping well AE Simon did. *side note* I like to refer to us as AE Simon, because if we just write Simon on anything we own there are plenty of other family members who could possibly claim it as theirs. After all there are a few of us. Such as: JD Simon, JZ Simon, JS Simon, AE Simon, JK Simon, TJ Simon, and Becca :)

We headed up to Lyman Lake on Saturday. We were supposed to leave at 2:00, so Chloe and I went to pick up Anthony from RC Willeys, but ended up sitting in the car for a whole hour waiting for him to close a sale (thank goodness he did, if I had waited that long for nothing....you get it) We ended up going up about 3 then and drove through the Weber Canyon up to Evanston. It was raining cats and dogs on the way up and we were a little worried.

It was beautiful though when we arrived no rain! We set up the tent and cooked turkey dogs over the fire.

The next day we decided to do a little fishing. Of course just when we got loaded up it started to rain on us, a little, so we chickened out and came back in. Good thing too or we would have been soaked. After a game of Phase 10 (which I won) we took a long well needed nap. It did clear up later on and we went back out.

Not so cute picture of me and Chloe. Yes that is a kid fishing pole, in fact it is a Barbie fishing pole. I like it. Whenever I fish I am generally in a raft or float tube so it is the perfect size and has an incredible casting range on it.

Check out Chloe's new life Jacket. Body Glove makes life preservers for dogs. I was so excited when I found it and even more excited when I learned it was on clearance. Chloe has never been in a body of water not even a tub full of water. What if she would have jumped in and drowned. There is a lot of money invested in that pooch, I can't let her just jump in. She actually did really well in the raft and just laid between Anthony and my feet and fell asleep.






Isn't it so pretty up here

Our campsite. Anthony was so excited about our new gazebo
The pyro was also excited to start a fire every chance he got. We did have some scrumptious smores on Sunday night
In trouble.... Chloe was so good and loved loved loved camping. Every time you turned around though she was chasing a bird, squirrel, or bug. She just wanted to investigate and if we would have let her she would have taken a trip around the entire lake. Monday morning when I got up Anthony had tied her to a log. She was not at all excited about this.





1 comment:

Rebecca Myrna Simon said...

JK Simon...TJ Simon...and Becca. Poor lil becca all alone without another letter to accompany her! haha i just thought it was funny.